Note: “SIGCSE Global” was a temporary name for this conference. The conference has now been named ACM Global Computing Education Conference, with a short name of CompEd.
The ACM Global Computing Education Conference (CompEd) is one of four conferences sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE). CompEd is dedicated to growing SIGCSE in parts of the world not normally reached by its other conferences. It is held face-to-face every other year, typically outside North America or Europe. SIGCSE provides a forum for educators to discuss, explore and advance all aspects of the teaching and learning of computing. This includes, but is not limited to the elements of curricular, pedagogical and tool development, and implementation and/or evaluation of computing courses and programs.
The CompEd is SIGCSE’s new and fourth conference. There will be three conferences, being held every other year before a review. The first CompEd was held in Chengdu, China on May 17-19 2019. In general, the conference should run in countries where we do not regularly hold SIGCSE conferences, so not in North America or Europe.
CompEd Specific Policies
All Conference Policies
- Conference Chair Selection - Guidelines for the selection of conference chairs.
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Conflict of Interest - Conflict of Interest policy for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Corporate Sponsorship - Guidelines for corporate support for conferences.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
- Volunteer Travel Policy - Applies to travel by the SIGCSE Board and its representatives.
Proposing an ACM Global Computing Education Conference Location
CompEd will be hosted by universities whose computing faculty are committed to the improvement of computing education. SIGCSE seeks proposals from universities interested in hosting CompEd. The conference takes place any time during the year, but at least 6 weeks away from one of SIGCSE’s other conference. More information.
Call for volunteers for Program Chair and other committee positions
Fill out the form below if you are interested in volunteering as a Program Co-Chair or other position for CompEd 202x (to be held in India) or a future CompEd: Program Chair and other committee positions volunteer form.
Latest CompEd conferences
Follow the links to conference web sites and proceedings in the ACM DL.
- CompEd 19: Chengdu, Sichuan China, May 9 - 19, 2019.
- View all CompEd Conferences
The SIGCSE organization provides a forum for educators to discuss issues related to the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of computing programs, curricula, and courses, as well as syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy.
Upcoming SIGCSE Events
Technical Symposium 202420-23 March 2024
RESPECT 202416-17 May 2024
Georgia Tech Conference Center & Hotel, Atlanta GA
ITiCSE 20248-10 July 2024
ICER '249-12 August 2024
RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
Many conferences across the world are held in-cooperation with SIGCSE.