The Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education conference (ITiCSE) is a SIGCSE conference that has been held annually since 1996, in late June or early July. It has been held in many different countries (see list below). Attendance regularly exceeds 200. This conference brings together delegates from all over the world to address pressing issues in computing education. In addition to invited lectures, paper, panel, poster and "tips & techniques" sessions, the conference provides facilities and exposure for working groups of up to ten members, whose final reports may be published by SIGCSE. Exhibits and tutorials are also offered. Plus good food, good company and interesting locales. If you have never been to an ITiCSE, do yourself a favor and go. You will not regret it!
Typical ITiCSE Schedule
- Saturday Working groups arrive and meet
- Sunday Working groups meet, delegates arrive, opening reception
- Monday Conference opening, Keynote speech, followed by a full day of sessions
- Tuesday A.M.: Plenary meeting followed by sessions
- Tuesday P.M.: Tourist excursion(s)
- Tuesday Evening: Conference Dinner
- Wednesday Plenary meeting followed by a full day of sessions
- Poster sessions at coffee breaks Monday through Wednesday.
Get Involved: Proposing an ITiCSE Location
The ITiCSE Steering Committee would like to hearing from computing faculty interested in hosting an ITiCSE conference at their institution or those interested in serving as program chairs. Here is the call for Expressing Interest in the leadership for 2022.
For further information about hosting ITiCSE, here are some guidelines.
Get Involved: Application for Membership of the Conference Committee
Prospective ITiCSE Conference Committee members are expected to have previous ITiCSE involvement including previous conference attendance. Working group participation and previous conference organizing experience are, while not strictly required, highly recommended.
If interested, apply to be a member of the conference committee by filling out this form. See the section on Policies (below) for details on responsibilities for the different positions.
Policies set by the SIGCSE Board regarding conferences:
- Conference Chair Selection - Guidelines for the selection of conference chairs.
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Conflict of Interest - Conflict of Interest policy for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Corporate Sponsorship - Guidelines for corporate support for conferences.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
- Volunteer Travel Policy - Applies to travel by the SIGCSE Board and its representatives.
Past, present and future ITiCSE conferences
Follow the links to conference web sites and proceedings.
- ITiCSE 2020: June 17-19, 2020, Online (was originally scheduled for Trondheim, Norway)
- ITiCSE 2019: July 5-8, 2019, Aberdeen, Scotland-UK, proceedings
- ITiCSE 2018: July 1-3, 2018, Larnaca, Cyprus
- ITiCSE 2017: July 3-5, 2017, Università di Bologna, Italy
- ITiCSE 2016: July 11-13, 2016, Universidad Católica San Pablo, Peru
- ITiCSE 2015: July 6-8, 2015, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- ITiCSE 2014: June 23-25, 2014, Uppsala University,Sweden
- ITiCSE 2013: July 1-3, 2013, University of Kent at Canterbury, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2012: July 3-5, 2012, Haifa, Israel
- ITiCSE 2011: June 25-29, 2011, Darmstadt, Germany
- ITiCSE 2010: June 26-30, 2010, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
- ITiCSE 2009: July 3-8, 2009, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
- ITiCSE 2008: June 30-July 2, 2008, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- ITiCSE 2007: June 25-27, 2007, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
- ITiCSE 2006: June 26-28, 2006, University of Bologna, Italy
- ITiCSE 2005: June 27-29, 2005, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- ITiCSE 2004: June 28-30, 2004, The University Of Leeds, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2003: June 30-July 2, 2003, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- ITiCSE 2002: June 24-26, 2002, Aarhus Universitet, Aarhus, Denmark
- ITiCSE 2001: June 24-30, 2001, City University of Kent at Canterbury, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2000: July 10-14, 2000, Helsinki, Finland
- ITiCSE 1999: June 27-July 1 1999, Cracow, Poland
- ITiCSE 1998: August 17-21, 1998, Dublin City University, Ireland
- ITiCSE 1997: June 2-4, 1997, Uppsala, Sweden
- ITiCSE 1996: June 2-5, 1996, Barcelona, Spain
A History of SIGCSE Events (maintained by Susan Rodger)