The Technical Symposium is SIGCSE's flagship conference. It has been held annually in February or March in the United States since 1970. Attendance regularly exceeds 1,200. SIG members often refer to this Symposium as "SIGCSE". As in "Are you going to SIGCSE?" or "I attended her talk at last year's SIGCSE".
The SIGCSE Technical Symposium addresses problems common among educators working to develop, implement and/or evaluate computing programs, curricula, and courses. The symposium provides a forum for sharing new ideas for syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy, at all levels of instruction. The symposium provides a diverse selection of technical sessions and opportunities for learning and interaction. If you have never been to one, do yourself a favor and go. You will not regret it!
SIGCSE will award up to five travel grants per year to defray expenses of attending the annual SIGCSE Symposium. See the travel grant page.
Exhibits at the Symposium
The SIGCSE Symposium has a large exhibit floor each year and vendors have many different sponsorship opportunities as well. Click here for information about corporate support for the Symposium. For more information please contact:
Phone: +1 609.344.1333
Policies set by the SIGCSE Board regarding conferences:
- Conference Chair Selection - Guidelines for the selection of conference chairs.
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Conflict of Interest - Conflict of Interest policy for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Corporate Sponsorship - Guidelines for corporate support for conferences.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
- Volunteer Travel Policy - Applies to travel by the SIGCSE Board and its representatives.
Past, present and future SIGCSE Symposia
Follow the links to Symposium summary pages and/or symposium web sites of these "recent" symposia:
- SIGCSE 2020 Portland, OR, USA
- SIGCSE 2019 Minneapolis, MN, USA
- SIGCSE 2018 Baltimore, MD, USA
- SIGCSE 2017 Seattle, WA, USA
- SIGCSE 2016 Memphis, TN, USA
- SIGCSE 2015 Kansas City, MO USA
- SIGCSE 2014 Atlanta, GA, USA
- SIGCSE 2013 Denver, CO, USA
- SIGCSE 2012 Raleigh, NC, USA
- SIGCSE 2011 Dallas, TX, USA
- SIGCSE 2010 Milwaukee, WI. USA
- SIGCSE 2009 Chattanooga, TN, USA
- SIGCSE 2008 Portland, OR, USA
- SIGCSE 2007 Covington, KY, USA
- SIGCSE 2006 Houston, TX, USA
- SIGCSE 2005 St. Louis, MO, USA
- SIGCSE 2004 Norfolk, VA, USA
- SIGCSE 2003 Reno, NV, USA
- SIGCSE 2002 Covington, KY, USA
- SIGCSE 2001 Charlotte, NC, USA
- SIGCSE 2000 Austin, TX, USA
- SIGCSE 1999 New Orleans, LA, USA
- SIGCSE 1998 Atlanta, GA, USA
- SIGCSE 1997 San Jose, CA, USA
- SIGCSE 1996 Philadelphia, PA, USA
- SIGCSE 1995 Nashville, TN, USA
- SIGCSE 1994 Phoenix, AZ, USA
- SIGCSE 1993 Indianapolis, IN, USA
- SIGCSE 1992 Kansas City, MO, USA
- SIGCSE 1991 San Antonio, TX, USA
- SIGCSE 1990 Washington, DC, USA
- SIGCSE 1989 Louisville, KY, USA
- SIGCSE 1988 Atlanta, GA, USA
- SIGCSE 1987 St. Louis, MO, USA
- SIGCSE 1986 Cincinnati, OH, USA
- SIGCSE 1985 New Orleans, LA, USA
- SIGCSE 1984 Philadelphia, PA, USA
- SIGCSE 1983 Orlando, FL, USA
A History of SIGCSE Events (maintained by Susan Rodger)