Computing education, as a research discipline, is the study of how people come to understand computational processes and devices, and how to improve that understanding. As computation becomes ubiquitous in our world, understanding of computing in order to design, structure, maintain, and utilize these technologies becomes increasingly important both for the technology professional, but also for the technologically literate citizen. The research study of how the understanding of computation develops, and how to improve that understanding, is critically important for the technology-dependent societies in which we live.
The International Computing Education Research (ICER) conference aims at gathering high-quality contributions to the computing education research discipline. It has been held annually since 2005 at sites around the world, and recently has been attracting an audience of over 100 computing education researchers.
ICER Specific Policies
- ICER Steering Committee Membership and Terms of Reference
- Policy on Replacement of Program and Site Chairs
All Conference Policies
- Conference Chair Selection - Guidelines for the selection of conference chairs.
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Conflict of Interest - Conflict of Interest policy for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Corporate Sponsorship - Guidelines for corporate support for conferences.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
- Volunteer Travel Policy - Applies to travel by the SIGCSE Board and its representatives.
Past, present and future ICER conferences
Follow the links to conference web sites and proceedings.
- ICER 22: Hybrid - Lugano, Switzerland
- ICER 21: Online - (was originally scheduled for Charleston, SC, USA), proceedings
- ICER 20: Online - (was originally scheduled for Dunedin, New Zealand), proceedings
- ICER 19: Toronto, Canada, proceedings
- ICER 18: Helsinki, Finland, proceedings
- ICER 17: Tacoma, WA, USA, proceedings
- ICER 16: Melbourne, Australia, proceedings
- ICER 15: Omaha, NE, USA, proceedings
- ICER 14: Glasgow, UK, proceedings
- ICER 13: San Diego, CA, USA, proceedings
- ICER 12: New Zealand, proceedings
- ICER 11: Providence, RI, USA, proceedings
- ICER 10: Aarhus, Denmark, proceedings
- ICER 09: Berkeley, CA, USA, proceedings
- ICER 08: Sydney, Australia, proceedings
- ICER 07: Atlanta, GA, USA, proceedings
- ICER 06: Canterbury, UK, proceedings
- ICER 05: Seattle, WA, USA, proceedings
A History of SIGCSE Events (maintained by Susan Rodger)